Friday, November 11, 2005

hanging out

The other day jacob and I spent the day just hanging out. I was in my pajamas most of the day and he spent the day with a shirt and no pants, the belt to my robe and a box of graham crackers close by. At one point during the day I realized how silly he looked and decided to take a picture. We read books, played trains, did lots of arts and crafts and just generally hung out. Jacob helped me do laundry and followed me from room to room as I picked up. It wasn't the kind of day most people would look at and think was very productive, but it taught me a lot about just relaxing and enjoying my kid and not being so worried about how my house (or myself) looked. Thank you God for the simpleness of life at times. May we as moms always take the time out of our busy schedules to stop and look at our children, give them a hug or kiss and see if maybe there's something they're trying to tell us or teach us about the beauty of the simple things.

2 comments:

Colonel Havoc said...

Dudette...

A day well spent!

What is that old quote? Something like..."No one will ever get to their death bed and say, 'Gee, I wish I had spent more time at the office...'"

JC said...

Hey Jess- I finally got to Larry's office and peeked at your blog! Love all the pics of Jacob. He looks like he's getting bigger! I miss him so much. Give him a squeeze from me!