Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Choo! Choo!

Jacob has recently become obsessed with trains. (choo-choos) I got a great deal on one at a garage sale this summer and kept it to give to him for his birthday. He has had a lot of fun playing with it. Then someone gave him a Thomas the tank engine book for a birthday present and we are now approaching our 277th time reading it! My husband despises the book because it's very wordy and some of the words are very hard for a little kid (or a big kid-aaron)to understand. Last night he was reading it to Jacob and he just started going off about how poorly written the book was and how he might as well write a children's book because he could certainly do better. Which, I must admit I agree. Anyways, he said he was going to blog about the book specifically because he is so annoyed by it and cannot believe someone actually published it the way it was written. It was a very funny little "soap box" moment, but I guess you would've had to been there to get all of the amusement out of it that I did. Anyways, I thought I'd post a picture of jacob with his screwdriver trying to fix the train. He is a determined young boy to say the least!

2 comments:

[ brooke ] said...

If Aaron wrote the book, it would be more absurd than that one since he makes up so many words (sorry PA, I think it's cool).

Shainerz said...

Jacob must really like the book if you have read it 277 times already! ;)