Thursday, December 20, 2007

oh christmas tree




For those of you who saw our christmas card this year...this is an


example of the kind of pitures we had to choose from. it took us several


days and numerous trips outside only to end up with no "one" picture with


all three of our children looking normal. levi had his own picture because 1. he is anti-people and


2. he decides when he wants to be compliant or not. (i just happened to have the


camera in my hand when he was actually being cute. statistically speaking, the chances


are really quite low. a part of me actually wanted to use this picture for our cards


just to show how really rotten he is. not to mention to embarrass him later in life.






the colonel has inspired me (by reminding me what a slacker i have become) to post something new. our annual outing to go cut down our christmas tree was enhanced this year as we decided to put up two trees in our house. the one upstairs i get to decorate with all my favorite ornaments and the one downstairs has all of the kids homemade decorations and all the "plastic canvas" ornaments that aaron and i made when we were just wee ones. my husband has been busting his broberg sized bottom to get our basement done in time for the holidays. we put a fireplace in, expanded my laundry room, gutted the old bathroom in the basement and added a shower and retexturized all of the walls. needless to say, he has been busy. aaron & i both have always wanted a fireplace in our house so we are both giddy about it. i am embarrassingly excited about my mantel and hanging the kids' stockings on it. well, tonight is going to be a late night painting the basement walls, so that's all the post you get!








7 comments:

JC said...

You know- we were just looking at the picture you sent and were talking about you guys- then I see your blog. Thanks for the smile. I needed it today.

Vicki Brodie said...

that is so funny!!! ok, been there, at our house it usually escalades to me yelling at my kids to smile, hmm, not smiling for mommy, is that really a crime? i think you should just have Jake on your cards, he's like the professional smiler, must be all that experience of posing for Mom, huh?

Colonel Havoc said...

"Broberg sized bottom"...

heh-heh.

cool...

Shainerz said...

jacob+levi=twins

Beckie said...

i agree with amber, they look just like twin... scary

Anonymous said...

I totally relate with trying to capture the perfect shot of the kids. It's still hard at 10 and 12 years old. Your family is adorable!!

Anonymous said...

There is nothing wrong with Levi eating those dog treats. I ate my dog's milk bones when I was his age. And I have perfect teeth to prove the good it does. All I can say is " that's my grandson " " and just Love Him !! " Fishing Grandpa