Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Jumping in Leaves







Yesterday was a beautiful fall day. It was chilly enough to wear jeans and a sweater which is my favorite thing to wear. The sun seemed to light up the leaves and our backyard was calling to me... and so was my son. He wanted to rake up a big pile of leaves and jump in them. It seemed like a great idea to me. Gone were the thoughts that I should be baking for the company coming the next day, gone were the thoughts that I should quick throw in another load of laundry or finish tidying up the kitchen mess from lunch. Nature and my son were calling to me. We raked up a big pile of leaves, took several steps back and then locked hands as we ran as fast as we could into the leaf pile. Being a kid is great. Acting like a kid once in a while is the next best thing!

9 comments:

Shainerz said...

your children are so gorgeous. Seriously, what great pics! And Jess, I think you deserve those 'jumping in leaves' days every once in a while!!!!
(i know i comment on every post..but I have to)

Vicki Brodie said...

Hey Jess-
I'm so sorry we missed each other over the weekend, I guess we have to put our kids first now that we are "Mothers". We'll have to get together soon, my boys "hate" me right now cause they wanna go to "Jake's" house. I wonder how many "Times" I can use the "quotes" in this "message"??? I'm a dork, catch you later, who loves ya baby? :)

Vicki

TheKupkaFamily said...

Jess...it was great to catch up with you this weekend. You have a beautiful family!! You are GREAT MOM, and I know you are a HUGE BLESSING to your family. I love all your pictures. I forgot how talented of a writer you are..I look forward to future posts.
Love Ya,
Stacy

Josh Meyer said...

Hannah is my new crush! Shhh, don't tell.

So nature called, eh? ;)

Beckie said...

i love those pictures of the kids! arent the leaves just beautiful?

JC said...

Hannah pictures are so cute they take my breath away.I can't wait to meet her! We just can't wait to see you guys again!

Vicki Brodie said...

Aaron,
What is up with your bro? Are they staying out there? Coming home? Moving? Anything we can pray about? They've been on my mind lately

Colonel Havoc said...

Christmas Eve will mark 2 months without a new post.

Let's pick it up, young people.

Vicki Brodie said...

I second that! What, have you guys like left the country? What is UP????