Monday, July 11, 2005

my little parade lover


Jacob loved the Hibbing Parade, especially all of the candy they kept throwing. I was a little disappointed in the parade this year because we only got one kind of candy the whole time. Some flavored version of a tootsie roll. Needless to say, they are not too appetizing. But, maybe that's for the better seeing as I am not allowed to have candy anyway with my gestational diabetes. It was fun just watching Jacob run out and get all excited and yell some gibberish about how wonderful the whole experience was.

The men in my life. Jacob and dad hanging out at the parade. I love this picture! There's just something about a dad and his son spending time together.

It was so hot out! I could hardly handle it. I have come to realize that in the last four years or so that we have been here that my ability to handle the heat has diminished quite considerably. I am now a cold blooded Hib-town girl. I never thought it could happen. I used to be able to sit out in the baking sun with the best of them (my mom)and now I am ready to melt away after a few minutes in the sun.

Okay, so is this the cutest picture or what? Lauren and jacob giving each other hugs.

Here they are giving me cheesy smiles while sitting on Lauren's little four wheeler.

Jacob had a blast playing with Lauren on the swing set.

Here's Lauren swinging as high as she can!

7 comments:

Beckie said...

those are really cute pictures Jess. I want to see some from the beach yesterday too. The kids have such a blast going there. That candy was kinda blah from the parade, they could have at least given some gum or suckers. I love the pic of Aaron and Jacob, the bond between a father and son is amazing to see.

[ brooke ] said...

That parade was roasting! They seriously have to get new kinds of candy. I would settle for twix bars any day. I've always been a cold-blooded Hib-Town girl. Welcome to the club, Jess!

JC said...

Dude- we got freeze pops, tootsie rolls, M&M's, nerds, it's all where you sit! Sit near the start of the parade...that's where the good stuff is!
Hey- who are those kids anyway...they're kinda cute!

Anonymous said...

Thank you sooooo much for taking pics. of our little cutie, Lauren.
Her family in Michigan really enjoyed seeing our little angel.

[ brooke ] said...

I definately didn't keep myself hydrated enough. Ahh! I didn't notice that picture until now! It didn't load. I hate wearing my hair up, but it was hot.. So, what can you do?

JC said...

Gosh mom- you don't even post on my blog! Jess you should feel honored!
lol

JC said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.