Monday, March 07, 2005

Winter Retreat #4

Yesterday Jessica and I returned from yet another great Winter Retreat with our youth group. This is the fourth WR since coming to Hibbing as youth pastors. It was probably one of the best WR that we have had since we have been here. God's presence was moving among so many students and leaders it was really fun to see.

I am really excited about what is going on in our youth group right now. There is a lot of momentum. I thought I would share a couple of things that God did in me this weekend. Our theme this year was "Mosaic", how each of us are represent mosaics. God doesn't reveal the big picture all at once but just little pieces of at a time. So some of my little pieces are.

To create a large team of adults who minister to students. Not that I didn't know that but that he has already called some people in our church to youth ministry I just need to begin to involve them the Youth Leadership team. The second thing is that God has football players that he wants to lead to him. It is my responsibility to move beyond my fear, pride and selfishness to bring them into the kingdom of God.

Jacob stayed here in hibbing with Jenny Clair, our friend and church secretary, for part of the time and with Sue Williamson, our friend and pastors wife. It was great of them to take care of him for the weekend so that Jess and I could be freed up to spend time with students.

2 comments:

spartamom said...

this weekend was an awesome time of praying with kids and spending time at the altars. I am so proud of our kids and their desire to know and serve God. a BIG thanks to jen and sue who both made it possible for me to spend the weekend pouring into girls (and having some serious fun!) It was such a relief to know that jacob was in good hands. thanks guys!

East said...

That was a pretty "TEH" rockin' Awesome weekend.

Not the same as snow camp, but change doesn't have to be a bad thing.

Thank you Aaron so much for making our (the HCC kids) snow camp possible this year. It really means a lot to everyone who went.

Chau