Wednesday, August 31, 2005

my sick little boy

Tonight I am exhausted and yet somehow very fulfilled as a mother. Jakers didn't wake up this morning until like 9:30 which is very late for him! I went into his room and he was crying and his roomed smelled horrible. He must've thrown up in the middle of the night because his whole bed was full of it. I picked him up and his body was on fire. So, the day started out washing sheets and cleaning his room, in between caring for him. I gave him some motrin and he seemed to be doing a little better by late morning. Then I thought I should try to give him something to eat and he started eating but then threw up again. This went on throughout the day. Needless to say I called aaron twice because I was feeling a bit overwhelmed. I am not used to jacob being sick. He is always so happy and full of energy and today he didn't say two words and just laid on me all day long. It made me appreciate him and all of the joy he brings to my life. Most days I wish he would just relax a little and be mellow. But, today it made me think about how that is what I love about him. So, here it is the end of the day and I am exhausted from caring for my little boy all day. I smell like puke, i'm in pajamas that i've been in all day, my hair is amazing and I have no makeup on and yet somehow I feel more fulfilled as a mother than I do most days. I guess that is what being a mom is really all about. Doing whatever he neeeds, above all my needs, because he is the most important person (other than my husband) in my life. To all you moms out there caring for your children, whether sick or well-I commend you! May God give us the love, patience and wisdom we need to bring these children up in a way that would honor Him.

4 comments:

Colonel Havoc said...

Whoa....

...that was good. Seriously.

jac-atac said...

God bless you, Jess. You're a cool mom.

[ brooke ] said...

Poor Jakers. I hope he gets well soon. Continue being the excellent mother you are! I love all three of you!

Colleen said...

Amen to that!!!!!

I know exactly how you feel. I spend time wishing Chance would relax once in a while and then when he isn't feeling well, I panic because he isn't his active self.